If you are a student at an accredited college or university, ASPRS invites you to attend and assist with the ASPRS/MAPPS 2009 Fall Specialty Conference, November 14-19, 2009, in San Antonio, Texas.
Application form: http://www.asprs.org/sanantonio09/Student_Assistantship_%20Application_Fall09.pdf
Application deadline: September 25, 2009.
Student Assistants will be notified by October 6, 2009
- Complementary student registration·
- Lodging accommodations (two to a room)·
- Orientation Dinner – Saturday night·
- A small meal stipend (7.5 hr shifts only)·
- A certificate for your portfolio·
- Acknowledgement in PE&RS·
- Opportunity to network with other ASPRS members·
- Chance to learn more about the geospatial field·
- Meet some of the top names in the industry·
- Explore job opportunities
- Attend the SA orientation on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 5:30 pm·
- Assist at the conference for a minimum of 15 hours during the week·
- Be available for the duration of the conference – November 15-19, 2009·
- Arrange their own transportation and necessary documents for travel to and from San Antonio
- Submit a cover letter describing your interest in ASPRS
- What you hope to gain from this experience
- Your academic and professional experience in the geospatial field
- Include a resume with your mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address where you can be contacted through November 2009.
- Send your application package via e-mail to the SA Program Coordinator (include ASPRS SA Program in the Subject Line of all e-mail messages).
ASPRS Associate Executive Director
Phone: (301) 493-0290, ext. 103